In Person Classes at Pacific Coast Learning Center
High School Spanish 2 2021-2022 A-G approved
Register here at PCLC website: https://www.pacificcoastlc.com/register.html
Pacific Coast Learning Center offers a variety of k-12 classes for homeschool families. Spanish 1 is a 1 1/2 hour class taught in person one day a week. Live online classes are available simultaneously through zoom.
Weekly class sessions are designed to practice oral conversation and review material covered in their homework. Homework is assigned via Google classroom. In Spanish 2 students will build off of knowledge gained in Spanish 1. Using more diverse vocabulary, while also developing structurally complex sentences, students will continue their study of geography, history and traditions of the Spanish speaking world.
Cost: $360 per semester
**There is an annual student fee for all students taking classes at Pacific Coast Learning Center. Some charter schools allow for this fee to be added to the cost of classes rather than being paid out-of-pocket by parents. If your charters agrees, you may add $120 per semester to your purchase order to cover student fees. You may select this option when you register for the class.
You do not need to purchase a textbook as all material is provided for your student and is included in the registration fee. You may also use any traditional high school Spanish textbook as a resource if you or your charter school prefers to. My thematic curriculum will align with the topics covered in all high school Spanish textbooks. The online resources provided in the curriculum cover grammar concepts and vocabulary included in high school Spanish 2.
Included in your registration is the premium membership to www.studyspanish.com. Includes explanation of grammar concepts with quizzes, tests, and pronunciation practice.
Edpuzzle- assignments include watching videos of Spanish instructors and native Spanish speakers. Students practice comprehension by answering multiple choice questions.
Quizlet- Weekly flashcards provided to practice and learn new Spanish words.
Blooket- “Videogame” practicing weekly Spanish vocabulary words.
Flipgrid- Oral practice assignments turned into the instructor via video recordings on flipgrid.
By the end of Spanish II, students will:
-Understand and use intermediate Spanish in listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
-Ask and answer simple questions in the present, past, and future tenses about common topics such as friends, family, daily activities, sports and pastimes, likes and dislikes, etc.
-Comprehend reading passages containing basic vocabulary and sentence structure.
-Write sentences and/or short paragraphs in the present, past, and future verb tenses about topics studied, using acceptable grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
-Learn how to give formal and informal commands using appropriate and polite terms
1. Todo Sobre Mi Week- All about me (Week 1 & 2)
2. En la casa: La comida- Food (Week 3 &4)
3. En la casa: La casa- Home (Week 5 & 6)
4. En la casa: Los Quehaceres- Chores (Week 6&7)
5. Marchando Por El Año: El Tiempo- Weather (Week 8 &9)
6. Marchando Por El Año: Las Estaciones y Los Pasatiempos- Seasons & Hobbies (10 & 11)
7. Marchando Por El Año: Invitaciones y Planes- Invitations & Making Plans (week 12 & 13)
8. Cultura- La Fiesta- Cooking/ Art/ Music/ Project Presentations (Week 14)
9. Marchando Por El Año: Ropa- Clothing (Week 15)
10. Finals (Week 16)
1 Sucesos: Que hiciste? Events- What did you do? (Week 2 & 3)
2 Sucesos: Que paso? Events- What happened? (Week 4 & 5)
3. Sucesos: Hispanos Famosos- Famous Hispanics (Week 6 & 7)
4. La Vida Diaria: Cuerpo y Salud- The body and health (Week 8 &9)
5. La Vida Diaria: Rutinas Del Verano- Summer Routine (Week 10 & 11)
6. Una Novela- Novel (Week 12 & 13)
7. Final Project (Week 14) 17. Fiesta (Week 15)
8. Finals (Week 16)
*Spanish grammar concepts are included in each unit.
To Register go to PCLC website's registration page: https://www.pacificcoastlc.com/register.html